Chick Pea Crust for Open Pies
I found this recipe for a pie crust made with chick pea flour embedded in a chickpea quiche recipe. For now, I need a wheat free recipe to make pies out of my abundant crops of apricots, plums and nectarines. When kale is in season, I might try the quiche recipe.
2 ½ cups chickpea flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9 or 10-inch tart pan.
2. Whisk together the chickpea flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the oil and water and stir until the dough comes together. If dough is
too crumbly and dry, add additional water, a tablespoon at a time,
until it comes together.
4. With damp hands, press the dough evenly into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is firm and dry to the touch
and is just starting to brown.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Add warm pie filling.
8. Bake 30 minutes or until filling starts to bubble.